1. To catch more of a vision for what Daryn and I will be doing when we move there! Nicci and I will be staying with (in my eyes, the legendary) Carol Adams and spending quality time going deeper with her and learning more about Y.E.S. Uganda.
2. To touch base with the Ugandan people I've grown to love: both adults and children!
3. To meet some missionaries who are already there, serving with SERGE: Grace at the Fray. We would love to work with them and we want to see if we would fit in as part of their team in western Uganda. They have a rich history in the area and we would love to partner with them!
You know what else is so exciting to me?! Nicci and I have so many awesome donations to deliver, thanks to friends, coworkers, and family. Here is a taste of what has been donated and the other mini-missions we will be on:
- We have about 60 Evansville Christian School t-shirts and multiple sport bags to deliver to Harmony Life Uganda ministries.
- We have multiple bottles of vitamins that Harmony Life Uganda is distributing to families who have HIV+ children in need of better nutrition.
- We have loads of books that are considered "readers" to deliver to Manna Rescue Home for children learning English.
- We have craft sets and art supplies to deliver to Manna Rescue Home.
- I have a microscope that was donated from Evansville Christian School for Manna Rescue Home, but may not be able to fit it!
- Bible studies to deliver to a few close Ugandan friends who requested them.
- Bible study books to deliver for a local Fort Portal church
- Some new electronics for some Irish missionaries who are serving in Uganda
- Lots of supplies for some missionary friends who are very much missing a few fun treats like Skittles and Kool-Aid
- We will be visiting the extended families of three different family's adopted kids to deliver pictures, food, hugs, and to check on them.
- Picture books for some of JoAn's extended family in Fort Portal
WOW! Nicci and I have so much to do. We will be gone from June 3 to June 13. Please pray for our husbands and (a total of) 7 kiddos we will be leaving behind. Say an extra prayer for Daryn as he is finishing up a bathroom remodel and our house will be listed on the market while I'm gone! The poor guy. Not only am I leaving for 10 days, he is going to have to handle showings and open houses. ha!
Nicci and I will try to keep everyone updated on Facebook and on this blog while we are traveling.